Do you love whisky? Do you love whisky from all over the world… and we mean ALL OVER THE WORLD, from New Zealand to Israel? We’re recruiting for a Whisky Portfolio Brand Manager.
Key Purpose of the Role:
Are you a ‘doer’? As a Whisky Brand Manager at Mangrove, you will play a crucial role in positioning our New World Whisky brands in the marketplace by developing strategic trade marketing plans to drive volume and value in both the on and off-trade.
We are looking for a creative and enthusiastic marketeer/whisky lover to take our portfolio to the next level with sharp brand activations, focused strategies, and targeted plans. You need to be a proactive self-starter, who understands the needs and spiritual wants of the sales team and equips them with the tools to deliver the commercial targets. Furthermore, you will champion the brands and manage all aspects of the brand’s communication through the different UK supply channels. Passion, a creative flair, and well-organised approaches are key to success.
- You will LOVE whisky and be someone who understands the whisky marketplace, both in the on and off trade.
- You’ll have min 1-year of marketing experience, preferably within the drinks / F&B industry, but hey, we are not one to pigeonhole, so if you are from outside the industry, but have a love for hospitality and whisky then put your name in the hat!
- Strong commercial acumen – Mangrove is a distributor and the marketing team’s primary function is to develop and deliver plans that drive sales and grow the amazing brands in our portfolio.
- Have excellent communication skills; the brands we work with have multiple stakeholders across many markets. As whisky brand manager you will be leading communications with the brand owners and contacts
- Be fun! Mangrove is a fun place to work with a great team that really supports each other.
- Creative Thinker!
- Solutions driven
- Be a ‘do-er’ – you need to be happy to get stuck in and help make things happen. We don’t just write the plans, we execute them excellently!
- Reporting to the Head of Marketing, help to guide and support the marketing team
- Enable and support brand activators and brand ambassadors for your brands in the market. Some work very independently, and some work more closely and sit partly within the Mangrove marketing team.
- Full responsibility for the UK marketing and commercial budgets for your brands
- Reporting: lead Quarterly Brand Reviews with brand owners and Mangrove management teams. Monthly reporting on depletions, activations, and wins to track against annual targets and be sure you are within budget
- Asset, POS, and marketing material creation that is relevant and effective for the brand and marketplace.
- Strategy development and delivery – some brands have full global brand plans to amend to suit the local market, and some are relatively new to the market and need full strategies for developing
- Work closely with the field sales and nationals teams to help them win new business and to support their existing customer accounts with field marketing to drive brand awareness and ROS
- In essence, you will be the conduit! The key touchpoint for all aspects of brand management with at least one direct report
Ideal Brand Manager Characteristics:
- Trade-marketing experience is essential.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong commercial skills.
- Enthusiastic and engaging presentation skills, including directly with customers.
- Confident in presenting the brands and the category to consumers and trade professionals.
- Confident and organised project management skills.
- Fluent with Microsoft suite of programmes
Some other bits
- Competitive Salary dependent on experience
- Annual Bonus (company performance dependent)
- London-based role – at least 3 days in The Office Group shared office space in Euston
- Complimentary gym access (24hrs)
- Free tip-top tea and coffee (the posh stuff)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff discount to some wonderful spirits.
Get in touch we’d love to hear from you!